Saturday 28th May marks the start of the Parish Council's Bin Twining campaign to promote environmental awareness of waste management and recycling. There are 7 different posters to spot on litter bins around the parish.
But simply sticking a poster on a bin isn't going solve the waste problems. There is a village litter pick this afternoon @ 2pm, starting with tea & cake in Water Lane, where you... Read More »
Posted: Sat, 28 May 2022 10:00 by Mark Hunter
Strong winds on 31st October brought down several trees and branches in the parish, including Foot Lane, Caldecott Road, on the B645 near the golf course and up at Chelston Rise.
Elsewhere in the county a mini-tornado appears to brought down many more trees , resulting in Northants Highways and the emergency services having to prioritise which trees to clear first.
Always report fallen trees to Street... Read More »
Posted: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 20:00 by Mark Hunter
In July, the government published a consultation to engage with local communities about the future of the Oxford-Cambridge Arc, seeking views to help shape a vision for the Spatial Framework.
The government want to make sure as many people have the opportunity to contribute to this consultation. They are particularly keen to hear from those communities that may be traditionally less well heard or have... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:21 by Mark Hunter
The replacement of all 60 lamps in the parish to more energy efficient LEDs has been completed, and the latest energy certificate shows that the annual energy consumption has dropped a massive 78%, equating to a saving of nearly 3,000 kg of CO2 e annually.
The project was funded by a 75% grant (£16,650) from the Windfarm Trust. The payback period on the remaining 25% will be under 2 years, meaning... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 18:05 by Mark Hunter
An eco-friendly Refill Van was in Chelveston today, outside the Star & Garter. It works on the principle that you bring your own container(s) to the van, and you only pay for the products you want, not the packaging!
See https://refillvan.co.uk for further details
Posted: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 18:01 by Mark Hunter
The Parish Council has been awarded £16,650 by the Windfarm Trust, which is their largest grant to-date. This will cover 75% of the capital costs of replacing the 60 older Sodium Oxide (SOX) lanterns to with more energy efficient LED lighting.
Additionally, three concrete columns in Duchy Close that have been found to have micro-cracks will be replaced. The new lighting will dim from Midnight... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 23:52 by Mark Hunter
As predicted by the Met Office, snowfall on Sunday. A typical snowy scene in the parish - Bidwell Lane.
Please take care when driving on the rural roads.
Posted: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 16:41 by Mark Hunter
Gigaclear have donated two sacks of Daffodil bulbs to plant in the highway verges in the parish, as some were damaged during the groundwork's of the full fibre network installation last year.
Residents may claim up to 20 bulbs to plant in the highway verges near their homes (i.e. on public land, not private gardens please).
Chelveston- contact Adrian Dale at 21 Water Lane.
Caldecott - contact Mark Hunter... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 15:05 by Mark Hunter
The Environment Agency has drafted the permit for the Waste to Fuel plant in Upper Higham Lane and this is now available for the public to comment on until 6th June 2019.
See the consultation here.
Posted: Thu, 09 May 2019 20:00 by Mark Hunter
The Environment Agency consultation period for the above permit application is now live. This is your opportunity to review the documentation which is held on our public register regarding the application and provide any comments you have to the Environment Agency.
The comments can be made online or in writing. Please review the webpage carefully as it contains instructions on where or how you can view... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 13:58 by Mark Hunter