Chelveston-cum-Caldecott Parish Council

Serving the people of Chelveston-cum-Caldecott

Clerk: Mr Mark Hunter
Ashbury, Caldecott
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire NN9 6AR

Tel: 01933 626039

LED street lighting changeover completed

LED street light

The replacement of all 60 lamps in the parish to more energy efficient LEDs has been completed, and the latest energy certificate shows that the annual energy consumption has dropped a massive 78%, equating to a saving of nearly 3,000 kg of CO2 e annually.

The project was funded by a 75% grant (£16,650) from the Windfarm Trust. The payback period on the remaining 25% will be under 2 years, meaning the Council will be able to use the saved funds to provide other services in the parish in the near future.

Posted: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 18:05 by Mark Hunter

Tags: Environment, Street Lighting