Community Events Team (aka the Events Team)
The Parish Council's Community Events Team, better known as the Events Team, organises community events for the benefits of the residents.
Technically, it is an informal team or working party set up to assist the Council, and its role is to plan and organise a wide variety of community events for the parish, so as to promote social integration. It is made up of 2 Councillors (Cllrs Jenny Harwood and Carol Parsons) and 6 residents.
The Events Team was created on 12th September 2016 and its membership is reviewed annually.
Events run by the Event Team include -
- Lawn and Garage Sale 2022
- Quiz Night 2021
- Lawn and Garage Sale 2020.
- VE Day 75 years commemoration 2020 (during Covid-19 Lockdown).
- Easter colouring competition 2020 (during Covid-19 Lockdown).
- Quiz Night 2020.
- Jack O'Lantern competition 2019
- Fun Dog show 2019
- Christmas window dressing 2018.
- Jack O'Lantern competition 2018.
- Quiz Night 2018.
- Fun Dog show 2018.
- Entertainment for the 305th BG Re-dedication service (May 2017).