Community Events Team
The Community Events Team is set up as an advisory committee of the Council, meaning it can not make decisions for or on behalf of the Council. It's role is to plan and organise community events for the parish, so as to promote social integration. The Team may apply for external grants to further this aim, so as to avoid any cost to the local taxpayers. It is made up of 2 Councillors (Cllrs Jenny Harwood and Carol Parsons) and 6 residents.
The Community Events Team was created on 12th September 2016 and its membership is reviewed annually.
Events run by the committee include -
- Entertainment for the 305th BG Re-dedication service (May 2017).
- Fun Dog show 2018.
- Quiz Night 2018.
- Jack O'Lantern competition 2018.
- Christmas window dressing 2018.
- Fun Dog show 2019
- Jack O'Lantern competition 2019
- Quiz Night 2020.
- Easter colouring competition 2020 (during Covid-19 Lockdown).
- VE Day 75 years commemoration 2020 (during Covid-19 Lockdown).
- Lawn and Garage Sale 2020.